Sunday, December 21, 2008

O Tannenbaum


So Melody and I decided to save some money this Christmas by buying our Christmas tree at an after-Christmas sale. We hear those are pretty good but we'll see about that when the time comes. But since we decided to wait, that means that our apartment is Christmas Tree-less for the holidays. So, with all my free time while Melody is at work, I printed off a picture of a tree from the Internet and blew it up. We don't have a color printer, so it took me the better part of a day to color it in with Melody's crayons, colored pencils, and markers. This is the final product, hung up on our wall, complete with presents. It's about 4 feet tall, if you want to put the picture into perspective.

In other news, Melody and I went ice skating last Friday with Brittnea and Eric. It has been about 3 years since we went ice skating last, so we were a little clumsy on our feet for a while. As a little flash back in time, some of you might remember the last time we went ice skating (it happened to be the first time we went ice skating as well). It was Feb 10th, 2006 and it was Melody and my 4th official date. That was the first time I held Melody's hand. Awww. Sweet memories. That was a good date.

Right now we're looking forward to time off of work, a quick trip to St. Louis this weekend to see the city there and visit the temple, a few fantastic Christmas meals, and talking to family during the next few days. Merry Christmas everyone.

5 comments:

Julie said...

I like the Christmas Tree Brandon. Nice work!

apriddis said...

Brandon, I am really impressed with your Christmas tree. How was your Christmas? Did you get to visit family? We went to Colorado. I will update our blog with pictures next week when we get back. I wish you two were still in Utah so we could go ice skating with you! :)

The Rogers said...

Mike and I thought your tree was AWESOME. Make sure you save it for memories. Miss you guys

Brittney said...

WAAAAY impressed Brando! That probably did take you a long time, but it looks like it was worth it! Great work my friend! Glad we got to talk with you today, and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

Kim said...

Beautiful tree!! When you buy one, get a pre-lite one!! We really wish they came out before we bought ours!!