Sunday, January 4, 2009

Holiday Break (Mostly Pictured Here)





We had a great holiday break.

Christmas morning we slept in and leisurely opened our gifts (pictured here). Thank you to everyone who contributed. The important part of the morning for me was getting some exercise at the apartment gym (not pictured here). The important part of the morning for Brandon was the amazing breakfast, complete with orange juice and bacon (pictured here). Most of you know about the breakfast already because he's told practically everyone about how exciting it was to eat bacon again.

On Friday, the day after Christmas, we drove to St. Louis and back again. We attended the St. Louis temple (pictured here). Later, after a long detour and lots of traffic, we made it to the famous St. Louis Gateway Arch (pictured here).

The rest of our holiday break (mostly not pictured here) was spent celebrating our second anniversary, celebrating the New Year by playing games with the LaBou family, frequenting the nearest RedBox, and playing Carcassonne, a late Christmas gift.

Work and classes start again tomorrow morning, regrettably. Hope you all have a great year.

4 comments:

BECKY said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! And Happy Anniversary! I'm happy you posted!

And I think your tree looks fabulous and very legit.

Kim said...

Two years already huh?? Does it seem longer? Did you make it up the St. Louis Arch? That's a trip going up!!

Christiansen's said...

My darling Melody who I love and miss oh so very much, I am glad you guys had a great Christmas and I am glad that you made a post. You look great. I relized as I saw the picture of you sitting by your bacon :) that I never sent you a Christmas Card and that I don't even have your address which is the reason why I didn't even think to send you one. Not that you are not on my mind often, but you know what I mean :) Anyway I hope all is well. I can't believe you have been married for two years, that is so fun! Miss you tons!

Ashlee & Christian said...

okay I had no idea you had a blog until you just left a comment on my blog and I accidently hit view profile for you. I am was just thinking I needed to nag on you to start one! Now I can keep more updated too. Your Christmas looked fun, glad you guys had a good time.